It’s important to ensure that the msvcp140.dll is restored properly which is why using a specialized software.
Restoro is a reliable third-party DLL fixer, using automated systems and a full online library offully functional DLLs to replace and repair the the ones that are damaged on your PC.
All you need to do to run it is launch it, and then follow the on-screen instructions, sinceeverything else is pretty much automated.
This is how you can fix registry errors using Restoro:
- Download and install Restoro.
- Launch Restoro.
- Wait for it to find any system stability issues and possible malware infections.
- Press Start Repair.
- Restart your PC for all the changes to take effect.
Your PC should now work perfectly fine, and you will no longer have to worry about slow response times, BSoD errors, or anything of the sort.
Disclaimer: This program needs to be upgraded from the free version in order to perform some specific actions.
2. Re-Install the application
In the process of reinstalling the application, the missing dll file is also in the installation package.
What this means is that once your reinstall the associated software, the dll file will be automatically installed as well.
This should do the trick and make the program run smoothly again.
3. Update Windows drivers
- Go to the taskbar and type in Device Manager.
- Press Enter and right-click on the device that needs an update.
- Select Search automatically for updated driver software.
- Choose Update driver.
It’s important to be really careful when updating the drivers and ensure you are select the correct ones.
Using a specialized software is usually indicated since it avoids any of the manual errors.
Some of the most common Windows errors and bugs are a result of old or incompatible drivers. The lack of an up-to-date system can lead to lag, system errors or even BSoDs.
To avoid these types of problems, you can use an automatic tool that will find, download, and install the right driver version on your Windows PC in just a couple of clicks, and we strongly recommend DriverFix.
Follow these easy steps to safely update your drivers:
- Download and install DriverFix.
- Launch DriverFix.
- Wait for DriverFix to detect all your faulty drivers.
- DriverFix will now show you all the drivers that have issues, and you just need to select the ones you’d liked fixed.
- Wait for DriverFix to download and install the newest drivers.
- Restart your PC for the changes to take effect.
Your Windows will stay safe from any type of errors and changes. Download and install DriverFix now!
Disclaimer: this program needs to be upgraded from the free version in order to perform some specific actions.
3. Launch System File Checker
- Type in Command Prompt in the taskbar box and right-click on the result.
- Select Run as administrator and type in
sfc / scannow
- Press enter and wait for the scan process to complete.
Recover the corrupt files, following these steps:
- Press the Windows key and choose Settings,
- Select the Update & Security option.
- Click on Recovery and go to Advanced startup
- Now, click on the Restart Now option.
- Close Command Prompt and restart the computer.
4. Use System Restore
- Launch Run pressing Windows key + R, and type in rstrui.
- Next, click OK and select Choose a different restore point.
- Click Next and check the box from Select more restore points for the list with dates.
- Choose a date to restore Windows 10, one before the dll error appeared.
- Finally, click Next and then Finish.
We hope that the above solutions have helped you successfully solve the msvcp140.dll error message.
Please share with us in the comments section below if you have additional recommendations or suggestions.