If you are also troubled by this error, here are a couple of troubleshooting tips to help you resolve this computer does not meet the minimum requirements for installing the software in Windows.
How can I fix this computer does not meet the minimum requirements error?
1. Update drivers with Driverfix
When speaking about keeping your system up to date, Driverfix is one of the best tool to have.
It is a complete solution that firstly scans your computer for any missing, broken, or outdated drivers, then it downloads and installs them. With Driverfix, you have access to a huge database of drivers with over 18 million driver files available for download.
Moreover, the requirements to install it are very low, the software is meant to be as lightweight as possible. So don’t worry if your computer is a little old.
To learn how to use this software, read out this complete and easy to follow Driverfix guide.
Best solution to keep your system up to date, Driverfix will make your PC faster as well!
2. Check for Windows updates
- Click Start and select Settings.
- Go to Updates and Security.
- Click on Windows Updates.
- Go through the available updates and install them. The updates may install in batches and require you to restart the PC a few times.
- Once all the available updates are installed, check if the error occurs again.
- If the issue persists, try other fixes below.
3. Update graphic card from Device Manager
- Press Windows Key + R to open Run.
- Type devmgmt.msc and click OK.
- In the Device Manager window, expand Display Adapters.
- Right-click on Intel HD Graphics and select Update Driver.
- Click on Search automatically for updated driver software option.
- Windows will look for a newer version of the driver and install it.
- Once installed, reboot the computer and check for any improvements.
4. Manually install Intel Graphics Driver
- Press Windows Key + R to open Run.
- Type devmgmt.msc and click OK to open Device Manager.
- In the Device Manager window, click Action and select Add legacy hardware option.
- Click Next.
- Next, select Install the hardware that I manually select from a list (Advanced).
- Scroll down and select Display adapters and click Next.
- Select Intel Corporation under Manufacturer.
- If you know the model and version of your Intel HD Graphics, select the model from the right pane under Model. Windows will install the required drivers for the graphics card instantly.
- If you don’t know the Intel Graphics card version, click the Have Disk button.
- Navigate to the location where you have saved the Intel Graphics driver.
- Select autorun.inf in the root installation folder and click Open. This will install the Intel Graphic driver without any error.
- If prompted, select the Intel HD Graphics card model and click Next.
- If you don’t know the Intel Graphics model, then select Intel HD Graphics and click Next.
- Once the driver is installed, restart the PC to complete the installation.
This computer does not meet the minimum requirements for installing the software error that occurs if the Intel Graphics processor installed on your system is not compatible with the driver package you are trying to install.
By following the steps in this article you can install the correct version of the Intel Graphics processor and get rid of the error. However, if you can’t solve the issue with any of the above solutions, your laptop might be simply outdated or broken.
In this case, you can think about buying a new one. Here you can find a list of the best laptop for any budget.
Editor’s Note: This article was originally published in May 2020 and was revamped and updated in December 2020 for freshness, accuracy, and comprehensiveness.