How do I fix the USB to HDMI adapter issues?
1. Update the USB to HDMI driver
A USB to HDMI adapter issue can be due to an incorrectly installed or incompatible device driver. Thus, updating the USB to HDMI adapter’s driver can potentially fix it.
You can download the latest driver for your USB to HDMI driver from its company’s website. Then install the downloaded driver, and restart Windows.
Alternatively, you can update the USB to HDMI adapter’s driver with third-party driver updater software like DriverFix
DriverFix is an incredibly versatile and useful software that will ensure that your system will never have out of date drivers installed.
Beyond this, the program can run in the background without affecting your system’s speed. Once a new driver has been released, the software will automatically download and install the exact driver required by your system.
DriverFix should be your go-to solution whenever driver-related issues are involved, so get it today!
2. Rollback a Windows 10 build update
- Open the search box by clicking Type here to search on the Taskbar.
- Next, type updates in the search box.
- Click Check for updates to open Settings as in the shot below.
- You can roll back a Windows 10 build update for 10 days after an update. Click the Get started button under the Go back to the previous version of Windows 10 subheading.
- Then go through the guidelines to roll back the platform.
Some users have said that their USB to HDMI adapters stopped working after Windows 10 build updates. To roll back a recent Windows 10 build update,
3. Connect to an alternative USB port/ Change hub
There might be an issue with the USB port you’re connecting your USB to HDMI adapter with. So, try connecting your USB to HDMI adapter with another port on your desktop or laptop.
Alternatively, if you’re using a USB to HDMI hub and have a spare one, switch between them to see if this is not a hardware issue.
Check out these awesome plug-and-play USB hubs that will help you connecting and switching between multiple devices without plugging and unplugging them: