When users launch the Battle.net app, they are invited to update their games. When they select the update option, error BLZBNTAGT00000BB8 appears on the screen.
Since this weekend (don’t kis know precisely when, las time I played was Thursday), I’m getting this error.
I open the BNet client, the blue button instead of play says Update and then as I click a box containing this error code pops.
How do I fix the WoW BLZBNTAGT00000BB8 error?
1. Scan and Repair your WoW client
- Open the Battle.net app
- Go to WoW and click on Options
- Select Find in Explorer > open the Data file
- Delete the Indices file.
- Open again the Battle.net app, then go to Options
- Click on Scan and Repair, and then wait
- Close the app and launch it again as Admin. You should now be able to play WoW on your Windows computer.
2. Disable or temporarily uninstall your antivirus
Once you’ve done that, make sure that you restart your PC and try launching WoW again.
Additionally, you could try using a different antivirus tool, one that is easier to switch on and off, and that allows a better filtering of wanted and unwanted apps.
We recommend you try out BullGuard Antivirus, since it is the perfect balance of both digital security, and ease of use.
Once you’ve installed it, perform a full system scan to remove any viruses or malware.
3. Optimize your wireless internet connection.
Since WoW is an MMORPG, a stable online connection is crucial for updating, launching, and playing the game.
If you notice that your wireless connection is pretty weak in general, you could try some minor troubleshooting steps, or switching to a wired connection altogether.