This can be a problem since this is the only official tool that can block automatic updates on Windows 10, but if you want to learn how to fix this issue, make sure to keep on reading.
How can I fix the wushowhide.diagcab not working?
1. Use a specialized software
If a certain Windows Update is causing issues on your PC, there’s no need to block it. You might be able to fix it with a specialized software.
Windows Update is meant to improve the overall performance of your operating system, integrate new features, and even upgrade the existing ones. However, there are times when certain errors may occur out of the blue.
Thankfully, if you happen to run into such issues, there is a specialized Windows repair software that can help you solve them in no time, and it is called Restoro.
This is how you can fix registry errors using Restoro:
- Download and install Restoro.
- Launch the application.
- Wait for the application to find any system stability issues and possible malware infections.
- Press Start Repair.
- Restart your PC for all the changes to take effect.
After the process is completed your computer should work perfectly fine and you will no longer have to worry about Windows Update errors of any kind.
Disclaimer: This program needs to be upgraded from the free version in order to perform some specific actions.
2. Use the Troubleshooter tool
- Download the troubleshooter from the Microsoft Download Center.
- Click save prompted to open or save wushowhide.diagcab.
- Locate the folder where you saved it and click wushowhide.diagcab to open the window shown below.
- Press the Next button to scan for updates.
- Select Hide updates to open the list of available updates.
- Now, select the update package that’s updating the driver from the list to block it.
- Press the Next and Close buttons to exit Show or hide updates.
Keep in mind that wushowhide.diagcab no longer available available from this link, but it has been an official link for years, and Microsoft might fix it in near future.
3. Download if from third-party sources
- Go to WayBack Machine website.
- Paste the following URL in the input field:
- Now select one of the saved versions and you’ll be able to download the file.
If you’re looking for wushowhide.diagcab download link, then you’ll have to rely on third-party sources for the time being.
Keep in mind that the version from third-party websites might not be the same one as from Microsoft, so use it at your own risk. To be safe, be sure to download it only from reliable sources, such as WayBack Machine.
4. Feedback Hub app
- Press Windows Key + S and enter feedback. Now select Feedback Hub.
- Select Report a problem option and follow the instructions on the screen.
If none of the steps indicated above have helped you fix this issue, then we would recommend you use the Feedback Hub app to report the problem.
You can also contact Microsoft support and notify them that wushowhide.diagcab is not working.
This is about all. We hope that one of the solutions we presented in this article will help you solve the wushowhide.diagcab not working on your device.
Please let us know in the comments section below if you have additional recommendations or suggestions, we would love to hear them.