What to do if your computer could not connect to another console session?
1. Renew your IP address and flush the DNS
- Press the Type here to search button (the one with the magnifying glass icon) on your Windows 10 taskbar.
- Then enter cmd (or Command Prompt) as the search keyboard.
- Next, right-click Command Prompt and select the Run as administrator option for it.
- Input the following commands in the order they’re listed and press Enter after each:
- Then exit the Command Prompt, and restart your PC.
2. Add a Remote Desktop User
- Launch Run by pressing the Windows key + R keyboard shortcut for that accessory.
- Next, type sysdm.cpl in Run’s window and click OK to open the window shown directly below.
- Click the Remote tab.
- Make sure both the Allow remote connections and Allow remote connections only from computers running Remote Desktop with Network Local Authentication settings are selected.
- Press the Select Users button.
- Then click the Add option.
- Press the Advanced button.
- Click the Find Now option to select to add a user account the issue arises for.
- Then click OK to exit.
3. Turn off the Windows firewall
- Open the search utility by pressing the Windows and S keys at the same time.
- Input firewall into the search box.
- Click Windows Defender Firewall to open the applet in the shot directly below.
- Then click Turn Windows Defender Firewall on or off to open further options.
- Select both the Turn off Windows Defender Firewall radio buttons.
- Click OK to close the window.
- If turning off the firewall resolves the issue, click Allow an app or feature through the firewall Windows Defender Firewall on the left of the WDF Control Panel applet.
- Press the Change settings button.
- Select all the checkboxes for Remote Desktop in the Allowed apps window.
- Press the OK button to confirm the new Windows Defender Firewall settings.
4. Uninstall or disable Microsoft Firewall Client for ISA Server
- Open Run’s window.
- Type appwiz.cpl in the Open box, and click the OK option.
- Select Microsoft Firewall Client on the software list.
- Click Uninstall and Yes to confirm.
Those are some of the more widely confirmed resolutions that can often fix the Your computer could not connect to another console error.
They’re not necessarily guaranteed to fix the issue for everybody, but those resolutions are certainly worth a shot.
FAQ: Read more about the console errors
- How do I connect to a console session in Remote Desktop?
Our How to use Remote Desktop Connections post provides further details about how to utilize Remote Desktop.
- How do I enable Remote Desktop session?
You can enable a Remote Desktop session from Settings as outlined within our enable Remote Desktop post.
- Why can’t I RDP to my PC?
Remote Desktop Protocol connection issues can arise due to firewall blocks or when the remote and local PCs have network adapters with the same IP address.