The error code and the cause of the error can be different based on the type of printer you are using and the actual problem.
If you are trying to troubleshoot this error with your printer, here are a couple of fixes that you can try.
How can I fix the printer configuration problem?
1. Run Microsoft Printer Troubleshooter
- Download the Microsoft Printer Troubleshooter tool from the official site. Click on the installer to run the troubleshooter.
- In the Troubleshooter interface, select Printer and click on Next. It will scan the system and detect the problem.
- If asked, click on Try troubleshooting as an administrator.
- The troubleshooter will automatically apply any fixes and show the result.
- Close the troubleshoot and start the printer. Try to print a document and check for any improvements.
Microsoft offers a printer troubleshooter to help the user in case they are unable to print or connect the printer to their Windows 10 system.
This printer diagnostic tool will scan the system for printer-related issues and try to fix them automatically. Here is how to do it.
2. Update printer drivers
2.1. Perform a manual update
- Press Windows Key + R to open Run.
- Type the line below and hit enter to open the Device Manager:
- Expand the Printer section in the Device Manager.
- Select your printer from the list of the printer (if you have multiple printers connected) and right-click on your printer.
- Select “Update Driver”.
- Choose “Search automatically for updated driver software“. Let Windows check for any updates. It will automatically download and install any updates.
If your printers driver is corrupted and malfunctioning due to incompatibility with the OS, it may result in unexpected configuration problem.
Try to update the printer driver from the Device Manager and check for any improvements.
2.2. Use a professional tool
You can also bring your updates to date with a tool that automatically scans your device for programs that need to be updated and provide you with an accurate report on the matter.
Most of the time, the generic drivers for your PC’s hardware and peripherals are not properly updated by the system. There are key differences between a generic driver and a manufacturer’s driver.
Searching for the right driver version for each of your hardware components can become tedious. That’s why an automated assistant can help you find and update your system with the correct drivers every time, and we strongly recommend DriverFix.
Follow these easy steps to safely update your drivers:
- Download and install DriverFix.
- Launch the software.
- Wait for the detection of all your faulty drivers.
- DriverFix will now show you all the drivers that have issues, and you just need to select the ones you’d liked fixed.
- Wait for the app to download and install the newest drivers.
- Restart your PC for the changes to take effect.
Keep your PC components drivers working perfectly without putting your PC to a risk.
Disclaimer: this program needs to be upgraded from the free version in order to perform some specific actions.
3. Clear Spooler Files
Stop Spooler Service
- Press Windows Key + R, to open Run. Type the line below and hit enter to open the Service function:
- In the Services list, locate Printer Spooler service.
- Right-click on Print Spooler and select Properties.
- Click on the Stop button and click OK. This will stop the spooler service.
- Keep the Services window open and proceed with the next steps.
If the previous troubleshooting tips did not help in resolving the error, you can try clearing spooler files and restart the spooler service.